A first-of-its-kind industry offering, Infosys Cobalt Airline Cloud to revolutionize passenger experiences, drive operational efficiency, and contribute to the airline’s sustainability initiatives
Cobalt Airline Cloud
A global leader in next generation digital services and consulting, today announced the launch of Infosys Cobalt Airline Cloud (ICAC) a first-of-its-kind industry cloud offering designed for commercial airlines to help them accelerate their digital transformation journey. Infosys has leveraged its deep domain experience and expertise in the travel and hospitality sector to build ICAC, which will aim to deliver personalized experiences, optimized operations, and net zero journeys for clients.
The ICAC platform is built on composable architecture principles that draw from the overall framework of Infosys Cobalt, a set of services, solutions and platforms for enterprises to accelerate their cloud journey. ICAC provides solutions, APIs and re-usable business assets that can be used for:
- Transforming the legacy workloads through disassembling and creating composable functional capabilities, enabled by cloud technologies.
- Addressing the key areas of business process efficiency and customer experiences, with an aim to provide tangible improvements in existing processes
- Improving customer experiences by ensuring accuracy in baggage delivery, leveraging precisionbased gate to gate bag transfers, helping reduce Missed Bag Rate (MBR) in hub airports by up to 50 percent
- Efficiency in operations by reducing Unit Load Device (ULD) misplacement and losses, to less than 2 percent, from the current industry average of more than 5 percent, through tracking and tracing methods enabled through machine learning
- Ensuring smooth operations and enhancing passenger safety by leveraging AI for crowd control, theft, security, and reducing cost of manual airport operations